The AMCS has a Licensed Daycare for 25 children aged 3-5 years old. AMCS also provides Transitional housing and other supports for single, Aboriginal Mother in Vancouver. The AMCS is seeking applications for a full-time Special Needs Educator. The Support Worker is responsible for 2-1 support work as well as assisting with the daily operations of the Daycare.
Job Title Support Worker For 2-1 Support.
Name of Facility Aboriginal Mother Centre Society
Qualifications E.C.E or Special Needs
The applicant must be committed to the ECEBC code of ethics, providing high quality care and, interested in working in a unique program that both challenges and stimulates on-going learning through daily examination of best practice. AMCS is committed to honouring and respecting the diverse Aboriginal cultures, identities and knowledge of our community and the diverse communities that we live in.
Other Qualifications Required
- Emergency Child Care First Aid Certificate (Current, Up-to-date)
CPR Level B
- Criminal Record Check Clearance
- Basic E.C.E License or Special Needs Educator
- Excellent Oral and Written Skills
- Doctors Clearance stating physically and mentally fit to work
- Food Safe
- Excellent Team Player
The Support Worker is a full-time position that starts A.S.A.P. The Support Worker will be hired but not limited to providing 2-1 Support for a child whom has been classified as Special Needs – further information will be discussed within interview. Support Worker will also be required to assist throughout the program and centre as needed:
• Collaborate with other teachers or administrators to develop, evaluate, or revise daily programs.
• Prepare reports on students and activities as required by administration.
• Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, or other professionals to develop individual education plans (IEPs).
• Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
• Attend to children’s basic needs by assisting in feeding them, dressing them, or changing their diapers.
• Be supportive in a team player environment including daily opening, closing of centre, shift rotations, planning of and implementing of daily programming and activities.
• Assist in providing 1-1 support for selected child, following child’s Care Plan and Behavior Plan of Intervention.
• Assist and developing and implementing an emergent, culturally sensitive curriculum that provides daily activities that support and promote the development of children;
• Organize children for daily activities, including outdoor activities and field trips.
• Discuss learning plans and strategies with parents and other teachers for continued progress of children’s development.
• Attend meetings and workshops to develop and discuss new teaching methods;
• Demonstrated abilities to work co-operatively and supportive in a fast pace and close team environment.
• Other duties as required.
Closing Date: On-Going Until Filled. Start Date: A.S.A.P
Pay: $18.00/Hour Region: Vancouver Hours of Work: Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30
Please submit your cover letter (please self-identify if you are of Aboriginal Ancestry) and resume to:
Contact Name: Email Address: Mailing Address:
Mia Kim firstname.lastname@example.org 2019 Dundas St, Vancouver, B.C.